- In 2015, Gestamp Wind put in operation several wind power projects in Belgium, Brazil, Poland, and Turkey, thus adding 168 megawatts to its wind power portfolio.
- Thanks to its 29 operating wind farms, Gestamp Wind helped lower C02 emissions by 504,923 tons.
- Gestamp Wind is currently building projects in Belgium, Brazil, Mexico, and Turkey, surpassing one gigawatt of power in 2017.
- Gestamp Wind has set into operation 7 new wind farms in Belgium, Poland and Brazil with a total investment of 170 million euros.
- Gestamp Wind is currently building 216 MW in Turkey, Belgium and Brazil, all of which will be operational before September 2016.
Madrid, 13th of January of 2016. During the past month of December, Gestamp Wind has set into operation seven new wind farms, with a combined power of 152 megawatts (MW). These wind farms are located in Belgium, Poland and...
Madrid, 14th of October of 2015. Gestamp Wind, the wind energy division from Gestamp Renewables, has opened the second wind farm in Adares, Turkey, with a power of 10 megawatts (MWs).
The wind farm has 5 aero generators Gamesa G97 of 2 MWs of power and will have an average production of 30.000 megawatts per hour annually, covering the demand of around 13.000 Turkish homes, and avoiding the emission of 14.000 tons of CO2 annually.
The project is located in the town of Selcuk, province of Izmir, next to the Egeo’s coast, one the areas with major wind resources...
Madrid, June 8, 2015. Gestamp Wind, the Wind division of Gestamp Renewables has been awarded with a 20 year PPA for Copperton wind farm, a 102 MW wind project located in the Northern Cape (South Africa).
Copperton Wind Farm was submitted for Round 4 in August 2014, it has been selected Preferred Bibber under the REIPP Program (Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Program), managed by the Department of Energy of South Africa. With Copperton Wind Farm, together with existing 75 MW wind project under operation since July 2014 (Noblesfontein Wind Farm), Gestamp...
II SUSTAINABILITY REPORT 2014
- In 2014 Noblesfontein, its first wind farm in South Africa, with an installed capacity of 73.8 MW, which represents an investment of over 120 million euros, started operating.
- The company is building 17 wind farms in Poland, Belgium, Brazil, Turkey and Mexico.
Madrid, May 12, 2015. Gestamp Wind, wind power subsidiary of Gestamp Renewables, has avoided the emission of more than 464,000 tons of CO2, thanks to its more than...